06 January . 2022
Wendell Falls 2021 year in review
We won awards:
- Garman Homes received the first-ever Robert B. McLeod Partners in Placemaking Award from Newland for its work on the 22nd Hero Home in Wendell Falls.
- Wendell Falls took home two awards at the 2021 Major Achievements in Marketing Excellence (MAME) Awards: Best Land Plan and Best Innovative Marketing Campaign.
- Wendell Falls was named one of the Best Places to Live in America by Ideal Living Magazine.
- Wendell Falls took home an award for Best Community Landscape Design at the 2021 STARS Awards for our land plan that supports a sustainable environment and celebrates the outdoors.
We continued to improve our sustainability:
- By third quarter 2021, we reached $2.1 million, or 1 million kilowatt hours (kWh), of electricity saved over the lifetime of the community, with an average annual home energy savings of $722, or 1,100 kWh.
- By third quarter 2021, we reached $99,000, or 4 million gallons, of water saved over the lifetime of the community, with an average annual home water savings of $38, or 2,100 gallons of water.
We gave back:
- The Newland team joined Operation Coming Home for Food Run Friday, an initiative that helps deliver meal kits to families in need around Wake County. Newland donated to the organization on behalf of Newland and Garman Homes, in honor of the 22nd Hero Home at Wendell Falls.
We changed things up:
- Newland became a part of Brookfield Properties on June 1.
We welcomed new homes:
- McNeill Burbank joined our builder team.
- Dan Ryan Builders debuted its second generation of high-demand townhomes: The Rochester and The Winchester.
- Encore by David Weekly Homes, our 55+ active lifestyle community, opened to the public along with three model homes.
- Brea Apartments, brand new, luxury apartments were built and opened.
- Luxury townhomes by Garman Homes and Homes by Dickerson in Treelight Square broke ground and are underway.
- McNeill Burbank announced building plans for its Cottage Collection.
- The Richardson tract began the clearing and grading process.
- Publix at Wendell Falls opens its doors.
- Heartland Dental broke ground and is on track to open soon.
- Treelight Square retail and dining district broke ground with several buildings underway.
- Don Beto’s and Falls Local secured spaces as part of the Treelight Square dining district.
- Envy Nail Spa secured a space in Treelight Square.
- The Smiling Turtle Dentistry joined Wendell Falls and is expected to open in early 2022.
- AFC Urgent Care announced plans for joining Wendell Falls and is expected to open in second quarter 2022.
- Bojangles joined Wendell Falls and is on track to open in second quarter 2022.
- WakeMed announced building plans and is coming in 2022.
- Starbucks has secured a lot and is coming in 2022.
- Neuse River Veterinary Hospital announced an expansion in 2022 and began building the new hospital.
- The Collective started the clearing process to begin building.
And new amenities:
- Sunset Park was completed with an outdoor workstation and stunning view of sunsets.
- Solstice Park featuring Erik Beerbower’s shadow artwork was completed.
- The Treelight Square amenity with a splash pad was announced and is coming in 2022.
Wendell Falls is located just 15 miles from downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the U.S. Explore artfully crafted new homes and townhomes from the lower $300,000s – $900,000s+.
Want More Information?
- 2022 (24)
- 2021 (66)
- 2020 (59)
- 2019 (43)
- 2018 (36)
- 2017 (53)
- 2016 (52)
- 2015 (12)